Sunday, February 24, 2013

Two Down

Now that we've finished the master bedroom, we're completely done with reno in two of the rooms of our nine-room (counting the hallway) house.  I thought I'd take advantage of another sunny day in Rain-land USA to take a couple of photos.  First off, here's what we saw the first time we walked through the house in June of 2012:


Nice curtains, right?


On the day we closed, we ripped out that cabinet:

 

The above photo also shows the ill-fitting yellowish blinds, weird lack of baseboards, and shiny walls.  Anyhow, within the first three weeks, we'd fully removed the cabinet and patched the walls (twice!) and changed the blinds to the white faux-wood plantation variety we've put in the rest of the house. 

This photo corresponds to the first one in the post-- it's the view from the door.  I'd estimate that this was taken in early September.  Then I painted the dresser light gray and added my favorite old Persian rug:


Then we installed baseboard and hung some art, and I bought some orange fame-stitched pillows for the bed, and at some point in there I bought some charcoal-gray velvet curtains that I subsequently returned because they were too dark.  Instead I'm currently using my old living room curtains from New Haven (tan hidden-tab blackout-lined oldies-but-still-okay-ies from Target), which I'll change out when I find exactly what I want (probably fabric to make my own, though I also have my eye on some from West Elm).  This photo also shows that we replaced the old boob light with a woven shade pendant, though I'm still not 100% sold on that, it's fine for now.  And I picked up a new duvet cover on mega-sale from Urban Outfitters last week.  So here's the view from the door as of this morning:


And here's a different view:


Still have a few decor adjustments to make, but I'd say we've come a pretty long way since August...

No comments:

Post a Comment